Recommended Back Forty Beer Pairings
Back Forty Suggestions
Pale Ales, IPA’s or Doppelbock, Marzen, Oktoberfest
Back Forty Recipes
Truck Stop Honey Pulled PorkRecommended Beer: Truck Stop Honey Brown Ale
Ingredients for Dry Rub:
1/2 cup brown sugar
little cayanne pepper
1/4 cup regular sugar
Start with a (or two) 2-3lb boneless pork loin/roast/shoulder. Rinse them off, dab dry, then dredge in dry rub. Let sit overnight or for about 12 hours, then into the crock pot with two chopped up onions and 12-24 ounces of Truck Stop Honey. Cook on low for about 10 hours or until they just fall apart when you pull with 2 forks.
Truck Stop Honey Marinated PorkRecommended Beer: Truck Stop Honey Brown Ale
1. In a zip lock bag, add pork of your choosing. You can use any type of cut.
2. Add salt and pepper, garlic if you wish.
3. Add ½ bottle Truck Stop Honey or enough to submerge pork in beer. Drink remaining beer.
4. Let marinate in refrigerator for 1-2 hrs.
5. Grill on medium heat until cooked through.
6. Season to taste.